- 2019 (Expected) Ph.D. (History) – Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh, PA
- 2014 M.A. (History) – Carnegie Mellon University
- 2011 B.A. – Lafayette College, Easton, PA: Major: Russian and East European Studies; Minor: German; Graduated Summa Cum Laude and with Departmental Honors. Class of 1910 History Prize and Rexroth German Prize recipient.
- Carnegie Mellon University – Teaching Assistant and Head Teaching Assistant, Department of History. August 2014 to present.
- St. Luke’s School, New Canaan, CT – Substitute teacher. November 2012 – May 2013.
- Simbirsk Resource Center, Ulyanovsk, Russia – Volunteer English Teacher. November 2011 – June 2012.
- Ulyanovsk State Technical University – Fulbright English Teaching Assistant, Department of Applied Linguistics. September 2011 – June 2012.
- Lafayette College – Writing Associate, Mentor Writing Associate, and Russian Tutor. August 2008 – May 2011.
Academic Grants and Fellowships
- Central European History Society Travel and Research Grant. Awarded February 2018.
- A.W. Mellon Digital Humanities Fellowship, Carnegie Mellon University. January 2018 – December 2018.
- Humanities, Arts, Science, and Technology Alliance and Collaboratory (HASTAC) Scholar. October 2017 – June 2019.
- Cohen-Tucker Dissertation Fellowship, Association of Slavic, East European, & Eurasian Studies. September 2016 – June 2017.
- A.W. Mellon Digital Humanities Fellowship, Carnegie Mellon University. January 2016 – December 2016.
- Research Associate at University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign Summer Research Laboratory on Russia, Eastern Europe, and Eurasia. June 2015.
- A.W. Mellon Sawyer Seminar Pre-Doctoral Fellowship, Carnegie Mellon University. January 2015 – May 2015.
- Fulbright English Teaching Assistant Scholarship, Ulyanovsk, Russia. September 2011 – June 2012.
- Fulbright Critical Language Enhancement Award, Russian. September 2011 – April 2012.
- United States Department of State Critical Language Scholarship, Russian, Declined in favor of Fulbright Scholarship. March 2011.
- “America’s Reaction to the Strana Sovietov’s Flight from Moscow to New York.” In The Creation and Growth of Civil Aviation in Russia (1910 – the 1940s), edited by Vladimir A. Gurkin, 160-165. Ulyanovsk: Ulyanovsk State Technical University, 2014.
- “Teaching American English in Russia.” In Modern Technologies of Teaching Foreign Languages, edited by Nasima Saetovna Scharafutdinova et al., 31-33. Ulyanovsk: Ulyanovsk State Technical University, 2012.
- “The Fulbright Program and Cross-Cultural Communication.” In Current Problems of Theoretical and Applied Linguistics: A Collection of Scientific Works by Students, Graduate Students, and Young Scientists, edited by Ekaterina Petrovna Sosnina and Mikhail Pavlovich Volkov, 33-38. Ulyanovsk: Ulyanovsk State Technical University, 2011.
- “From ‘War Dogs’ to Mourned Men: Commemoration of German Prisoners of War in the Soviet Union and Russia.” March 25, 2018 at the Midwest Slavic Conference, Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio.
- “German POWs in the USSR, 1941-1956: A GIS Analysis.” January 26, 2018 at the Socialist Studies Seminar hosted by the Carnegie Mellon University Department of History, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
- “Tracing German Prisoners of War in the Soviet Union, 1941-1956.” November 10, 2017 at the Association for Slavic, East European, and Eurasian Studies (ASEEES) Conference in Chicago, Illinois.
- “Память о немецких военнопленных в СССР и России.” (“Memory of German Prisoners of War in the USSR and Russia.”) September 26, 2017 at the conference “Russia in the World. Western Russian Studies: Modern Tendencies,” hosted by the Institute of General History of the Russian Academy of Sciences, Moscow, Russia. Presentation given in Russian.
- “Assessing the Economic Contribution of German Prisoners of War in the Soviet Union, 1941-1956.” January 5, 2017 at the International and Business Conference (IBEC) at Austral University of Chile at Puerto Montt, Puerto Montt, Chile. Awarded Best Paper Prize at conference.
- “German POWs in the Soviet Gulag: Mapping Their Experiences, 1941-1956.” June 22, 2016 at the Keystone Digital Humanities Conference, Pittsburgh, PA.
- “Mapping German POWs in the Soviet Gulag, 1945-1956.” June 14, 2016 at the Digital Humanities Summer Institute Colloquium at the University of Victoria, Victoria, Canada.
- “German Prisoners of War in the Gulag, 1943-1956.” March 28, 2015 at Carnegie Mellon Department of History Graduate Forum, Pittsburgh, PA. Presentation of Research Seminar work.
- “The Rocky Road to Modernity: Global Technology Trade and the Soviet Automotive Industry.” April 1, 2011 at the 25th National Conferences on Undergraduate Research held at Ithaca College, Ithaca, NY. Presentation of Honors Thesis.
- “57 Soccer Balls in the Trunk: The Development of East and West-German Automotive Industries.” March 26, 2011 at the Undergraduate Research Conference in German Studies held at Moravian College, Bethlehem, PA. Ehrenpreis (Honorary Award) given for paper presentation.
- “Mapping and GIS.” March 3, 2018. Co-organizer and session leader at THATCamp Pittsburgh 2018, Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh, PA.
- “Hoover Library and Archives Workshop on Authoritarian Regimes.” July 17-29, 2016. Participant in summer research workshop at Hoover Institution Library & Archives, Stanford, CA.
- “XML Applications and Databases for Historical and Literary Research.” June 13 – 17, 2016. Participant in workshop at the Digital Humanities Summer Institute at the University of Victoria, Victoria, Canada.
- “Images and Texts in Medical History.” April 11-13, 2016. Participant in workshop in Methods, Tools, and Data from the Digital Humanities. The National Library of Medicine, Bethesda, Maryland.
- “Technology Enhanced Learning Summer School.” May 26-29, 2015. Participant in A.W. Mellon Foundation funded workshop in Technology Enhanced Learning hosted by the Eberly Center of Teaching Excellence & Educational Innovation of Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh, PA.
- “Digital Humanities Literacy Workshop.” May 18-22, 2015. Participant in A.W. Mellon Foundation funded workshop in Digital Humanities at Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh, PA.
- Association of Slavic, East European, & Eurasian Studies, member since Fall 2015.
- SlavicDH – Communications Officer for SlavicDH since November 2017.
- German Studies Association, since January 2018.
- Central European History Society, member since January 2018.
- Council for European Studies member, since December 2017.
- Dobro Slovo, National Slavic Honor Society, inducted April 2011.
- Delta Phi Alpha, National German Honor Society, inducted March 2011.
- Phi Beta Kappa, inducted May 2010.
- Test of Russian as a Foreign Language (ТРКИ) Level II (Advanced).
- ALTA Level 9 Russian (Advanced).